Friends of the Refuge
The Friends of Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge (FOR) was founded in 1993 to support the work of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in managing the refuge. The Friends are dedicated to the protection and restoration of the refuge for the benefit of fish and wildlife, and for public education and recreation.
FOR is a volunteer, community-based, non-profit organization. It’s a group of involved citizens interested in assuring that the 2000+ acres of the refuge will be preserved for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Friends are dedicated to supporting the refuge by assisting with the following goals and opportunities:
Protect & Restore the natural areas by replanting, maintaining, or removing invasive plants while encouraging conservation of water, land & wildlife.
Promote public awareness of our refuge & wildlife to preserve this natural heritage for future generations.
Educate the community in the importance of preserving and protecting this unique network of
water, land & wildlife.
Fundraise through grants, Nature’s Overlook store, memberships, community partnerships and a variety of special events.
Develop the refuge to its full potential by assisting USFWS with future growth plans.
Provide volunteers for refuge events, research, maintenance work parties and educational programs.
We invite you to join the Friends of Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. The annual memberships are tax deductible and will fund current and future projects and programs.
Membership offers the following benefits:
- Pride – You will help protect nature to insure wildlife oriented recreation for the future.
- Sense of Communtiy – Friends members are a diverse group of caring people sharing their knowledge, talents and excitement for nature.
- Discounts – Members enjoy a 10% discount in the Nature’s Overlook store.
- Information – Receive a monthly newsletter from the Friends of the Tualatin River Refuge.
- Invitations to Special Events – Be the first to know about all of the Friends special events.
- Volunteer Opportunties – Assist with refuge educational events, the removal of invasive plants, work in Nature’s Overlook, become a trail rover or help with biological monitoring.
The mission of the Friends of Refuge is to support the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge.
We are dedicated to protecting and restoring refuge habitats as well as providing
nature education and recreation.
Friends of Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge
19255 SW Pacific Hwy
Sherwood OR 97140
Phone: 625-5944 ext. 227